Starry Night Christmas Parade
Friday, December 6, 2019
The Downtown Lenoir Starry Night Christmas Parade is a much-loved holiday tradition in the city. University and high school bands march and perform, numerous community groups and businesses enter floats, and Santa visits every year!
The theme this year is:
“The Stars of Christmas”
Who are the shining stars of your holidays? If you like, choose your favorite star or stars – whether its the three wisemen, Rudolph, Jimmy Stuart, or the Hibriten Star, to name a few – and decorate your float in their honor!
- Street Closures will begin at 3:30 pm for the Parade Line-Up area.
- College Avenue will be closed from Willow Street to Virginia Street including all intersections in between.
- Harper Avenue will be closed from Willow Street to West Avenue.
- Additional Street Closures will begin at 5:00 pm for the Parade Route.
- Harper Avenue will be closed from Mulberry Street to West Avenue.
- Mulberry Street will be closed from Harper Avenue to Ashe Avenue.
- Ashe Avenue will be closed from Mulberry Street to Main Street.
- Main Street will be closed from Ashe Avenue to Harper Avenue.
- West Avenue will be closed from Mulberry Street to Broadway Street.
Dos and Don’ts for Participants & Spectators
|Walk beside your float/vehicle and hand out candy||Throw candy or other items from floats or vehicles|
|Supervise all children||Leave children unattended|
|Play appropriate music if desired||Use a portable PA system to talk to the crowd|
|Stay on the sidewalk and behind barricades||Put children on floats for photos|
|Spread Christmas cheer||Distribute printed materials|
|Dress for the Christmas holiday||Dress like Santa|
|Report lost children to police||Ignore children who appear to be lost|
|Drive to the end of the unloading zone before unloading your float/vehicle||Stop before the end of the route to unload your float/vehicle|