Come and get your photo taken with Santa during the Christmas Season at one of the following locations!
Saturday, Nov 17 : 10am-4pm at Downtown Lenoir Christmas Tree Festival
Tuesday, Nov 27 : 6pm-8pm at 1841 Cafe
Friday, Nov 30 : 4pm-6pm at Lenoir Christmas Parade
Tuesday, Dec 4 : 6pm-8pm at Fercott Fermentables
Friday, Dec 7 : 5pm-7pm at Piccolo’s Pizza
Saturday, Dec 8 : 4pm-6pm at Walgreens
Saturday, Dec 8 : 6pm-7pm at LHS Auditorium
Friday, Dec 14 : 5pm-7pm at Side Street Pour House
Saturday, Dec 15 : 11am-1pm at Tybrisa Books
Friday, Dec 21 : 5pm-7pm at Cookies & Cream
Saturday, Dec 22 : 6pm-8pm at Shake-n-Dog
The NC Gravity Games competition sponsored by Google and Appalachian State University (ASU). The NC Gravity Games are educational, hands-on activities designed to get young people excited about science and have the opportunity to design and construct cars powered by gravity and other energy sources, and compete against other teams for the fastest time. The NC Gravity Games are a signature event of the North Carolina Science Festival and include a full festival on Google Science Street with the latest innovations from Google as well as exhibits and food vendors.
Register now at: http://www.ncgravitygames.com
The Bootlegger 100 is the most scenic and challenging gravel-road ride you will do this year!
There are two route choices:
107 mile gravel road ride with 9760 feet of climbing. The ride starts and ends in downtown Lenoir, NC and travels up to the Blue Ridge Parkway and down through beautiful and scenic Wilson’s Creek Gorge.
58 mile gravel road ride with 4583 feet of climbing. The ride starts and ends in downtown Lenoir, NC and travels through beautiful and scenic Wilson’s Creek Gorge.
‘My main takeaways, based on seven or eight serious gravel events, Battenkill, a few of the major fondos including Levi’s and Hincapie and nearly 100 USAC races was 1) that the race was unusually well organized. 2) It is one of the most challenging “100” length gravel races in the country and maybe THE most challenging.’ -Jay P. 5/14/18
‘The ride/race itself you couldn’t ask for a better organized ride. All the turns were marked either with an arrow and or orange flagging tapping hanging from the trees before the turns and on stakes or hanging from the trees after the turn to assure you that you were still on course. They had 3 controls/rest stops on the 60 miler. The guy at the 41.7 one was way over the top cooking up grilled cheese sandwiches which for sure hit the spot. The burritos and beer at the finish line were great also.’ -Larry B. 4/24/18
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
12:00PM — Online registration closes.
5:00PM-10:00PM — Packet pickup open.
5:30AM-7:30AM — Packet pickup open.
7:45AM — Rider meeting.
8:00AM — Start.
12:00PM — 100 Mile cutoff at intersection of Hwy 90 and Roseboro Rd
2:00PM — 100 Mile cutoff at Betsey’s Country Store.
5:00PM — Awards.
1. Have Fun!
2. Riders must wear an approved cycling helmet at all times while on the bike.
3. Riders must burn FRONT and REAR lights at all times while on the bike.
4. Riders must complete the event on the bike they started on. No bike swaps during the event.
5. Riders may receive outside support within 100′ of official rest areas.
6. Riders may receive support from other PARTICIPATING riders at any time.
7. Riders must stay in single-file except to pass.
8. Riders must obey all local traffic laws.
9. Electric-Assist bikes (E-Bikes) are prohibited.
10. The Race Director reserves the right to disqualify any rider for any reason deemed by race officials as unsportsmanlike or otherwise against the spirit of the event.
11. Rule infractions witnessed by Race Officials will result in disqualification.
13. Protest period ends 30 minutes after the final team returns or 10:30PM Saturday, whichever comes first.
$70. $80 Day-of
Front WHITE light
Rear RED light
FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS MUST BE ON AT ALL TIMES WHILE RIDING IN THE BOOTLEGGER 100.
Looking for lodging Comfort Inn – Lenoir is offering discounted lodging for riders. Call directly and reference Bootlegger 100 to secure the discount
970 Blowing Rock Blvd, Lenoir, NC 28645
Promoter reserves right to combine classes if less than 5 participants.
Sorry. No refunds.