The Bootlegger 100 is the most scenic and challenging gravel-road ride you will do this year!
There are two route choices:
107 mile gravel road ride with 9760 feet of climbing. The ride starts and ends in downtown Lenoir, NC and travels up to the Blue Ridge Parkway and down through beautiful and scenic Wilson’s Creek Gorge.
58 mile gravel road ride with 4583 feet of climbing. The ride starts and ends in downtown Lenoir, NC and travels through beautiful and scenic Wilson’s Creek Gorge.
‘My main takeaways, based on seven or eight serious gravel events, Battenkill, a few of the major fondos including Levi’s and Hincapie and nearly 100 USAC races was 1) that the race was unusually well organized. 2) It is one of the most challenging “100” length gravel races in the country and maybe THE most challenging.’ -Jay P. 5/14/18
‘The ride/race itself you couldn’t ask for a better organized ride. All the turns were marked either with an arrow and or orange flagging tapping hanging from the trees before the turns and on stakes or hanging from the trees after the turn to assure you that you were still on course. They had 3 controls/rest stops on the 60 miler. The guy at the 41.7 one was way over the top cooking up grilled cheese sandwiches which for sure hit the spot. The burritos and beer at the finish line were great also.’ -Larry B. 4/24/18
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
12:00PM — Online registration closes.
5:00PM-10:00PM — Packet pickup open.
5:30AM-7:30AM — Packet pickup open.
7:45AM — Rider meeting.
8:00AM — Start.
12:00PM — 100 Mile cutoff at intersection of Hwy 90 and Roseboro Rd
2:00PM — 100 Mile cutoff at Betsey’s Country Store.
5:00PM — Awards.
1. Have Fun!
2. Riders must wear an approved cycling helmet at all times while on the bike.
3. Riders must burn FRONT and REAR lights at all times while on the bike.
4. Riders must complete the event on the bike they started on. No bike swaps during the event.
5. Riders may receive outside support within 100′ of official rest areas.
6. Riders may receive support from other PARTICIPATING riders at any time.
7. Riders must stay in single-file except to pass.
8. Riders must obey all local traffic laws.
9. Electric-Assist bikes (E-Bikes) are prohibited.
10. The Race Director reserves the right to disqualify any rider for any reason deemed by race officials as unsportsmanlike or otherwise against the spirit of the event.
11. Rule infractions witnessed by Race Officials will result in disqualification.
13. Protest period ends 30 minutes after the final team returns or 10:30PM Saturday, whichever comes first.
$70. $80 Day-of
Front WHITE light
Rear RED light
FRONT AND REAR LIGHTS MUST BE ON AT ALL TIMES WHILE RIDING IN THE BOOTLEGGER 100.
Looking for lodging Comfort Inn – Lenoir is offering discounted lodging for riders. Call directly and reference Bootlegger 100 to secure the discount
970 Blowing Rock Blvd, Lenoir, NC 28645
Promoter reserves right to combine classes if less than 5 participants.
Sorry. No refunds.